v class='cap-left'/>

ALL POSTS - If read in order it's a story.

November 19, 2020

PANDEMIC: Day Godknowsthefuck


The only person I spoke to voluntarily today is the homeless man with his head down the trash can in front of Chevron. And that wasn’t even voluntary, that was politeness. 


I had shopped for a present for him at Chevron, where I was for bottled ice tea and saltines (which help stave off hurling). Surveying the store for something on the less processed more food side, the only affordable protein I saw was cheese sticks and they looked hard to open. I didn’t know how an apple would work out because last time I bought one for a homeless individual she didn’t have front teeth and couldn’t eat it. So I bought him Goldfish Crackers. They’re not unhealthy, they’re comfort food because everyone had them when they were young and presumably housed, and they’re easy to open. 


But when I stepped out of Chevron, his head was down the trash. Fortunately he came up for air and I held out the crackers.  “Are you sure?” he said. “Yeah, of course”, I said. So I made the handoff and walked home. 


PUMP EAT DRINK: you can do it all (photo courtesy Google Maps)



1 comment:

COMMENTS

To see and leave comments, please click on the post's title.