v class='cap-left'/>

ALL POSTS - If read in order it's a story.

October 23, 2019

ER Incel

In another insulting moment in the annals of health, the young guy doing medical intake asks me, “Who told you you have a goiter?”
I answer, “My ultrasound.”

Telling a friend about it later it occurs to me, in a vain moment, that he wouldn’t have asked that if I were ugly.
“Because he wouldn’t have wasted his breath?”, she asks. 
“No”, I think about it and suddenly understand the mystery, “Because he wouldn’t have gotten off on the question”. I picture him mentally stroking himself as he dumbifies me.



2 comments:

  1. Rebecca! I am so sorry for everything you're going through. Where are you living now? Are you still in Cali?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS

To see and leave comments, please click on the post's title.